→ go to the conference web page
It is a pleasure to announce the fifth BLAST conference, August 5 – 9, 2013 at Chapman University, Orange, California, USA.
The BLAST conference series brings together researchers in
B = Boolean algebra
L = Lattice theory, algebraic and quantum Logic
A = Universal Algebra
S = Set theory
T = Set theoretic and point-free Topology
Please consider filling out the Expression of Interest form at the end of this email.
BLAST 2013 will feature invited talks by
* Bernhard Banaschewski (McMaster University)
* William DeMeo (University of South Carolina)
* Francois Dorais (Dartmouth College)
* Mai Gehrke (Université Diderot – Paris 7 and CNRS)
* Steven Givant (Mills College)
* Steve Jackson (University of North Texas)
* Michael Pinsker (Technische Universität Wien)
* Dima Sinapova (University of Illinois at Chicago)
* Sam van Gool (Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen)
and invited tutorials by
* Martin Escardo (University of Birmingham)
* Heinz-Peter Gumm (Universität Marburg)
* Hilary Priestley (University of Oxford)
The conference is funded by NSF, Chapman University and the Center for Excellence in Computation, Algebra and Topology (CECAT).
Abstract submission is through Atlas-conferences by July 1 at http://atlas-conferences.com/cgi-bin/abstract/submit/cbgq-01.
Registration will be $90 before July 1, 2013, and $110 after that. Electronic registration is available on the conference web page http://www.chapman.edu/events/blast-2013/.
A limited amount of financial support is available for graduate students and recent PhDs. To apply for support, send an email of request to firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> by May 15, 2013 (see web page for details).
More information can be found at the conference web page.
A printable poster to advertise this conference can be downloaded from http://math.chapman.edu/blast2013/poster.pdf
The conference organizers can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>
the organizing committee
Peter Jipsen and Andrew Moshier (Chapman University, CECAT) Natasha Dobrinen (University of Denver) Fred Dashiell and Joanne Walters-Wayland (Chapman University, CECAT)