It is a pleasure to announce the fifth BLAST conference, August 5 – 9, 2013 at Chapman University, Orange, California, USA.
The BLAST conference series brings together researchers in
B = Boolean algebra
L = Lattice theory, algebraic and quantum Logic
A = Universal Algebra
S = Set theory
T = Set theoretic and point-free Topology
Please consider filling out the Expression of Interest form at the end of this email.
The first four BLAST conferences were at the University of Denver, New
Mexico State University, the University of Colorado at Boulder and the University of Kansas.
BLAST 2013 will feature invited talks by
* Bernhard Banaschewski (McMaster University)
* William DeMeo (University of South Carolina)
* Francois Dorais (Dartmouth College)
* Mai Gehrke (Université Diderot – Paris 7 and CNRS)
* Steven Givant (Mills College)
* Steve Jackson (University of North Texas)
* Michael Pinsker (Technische Universität Wien)
* Dima Sinapova (University of Illinois at Chicago)
* Sam van Gool (Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen)
and invited tutorials by
* Martin Escardo (University of Birmingham)
* Heinz-Peter Gumm (Universität Marburg)
* Hilary Priestley (University of Oxford)
The conference is funded by NSF, Chapman University and the Center for Excellence in Computation, Algebra and Topology (CECAT).
Abstract submission is through Atlas-conferences by July 1 at http://atlas-conferences.com/cgi-bin/abstract/submit/cbgq-01.
Registration will be $90 before July 1, 2013, and $110 after that. Electronic registration is available on the conference web page http://www.chapman.edu/events/blast-2013/.
A limited amount of financial support is available for graduate students and recent PhDs. To apply for support, send an email of request to email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> by May 15, 2013 (see web page for details).
More information can be found at the conference web page.
A printable poster to advertise this conference can be downloaded from http://math.chapman.edu/blast2013/poster.pdf
The conference organizers can be contacted at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
the organizing committee
Peter Jipsen and Andrew Moshier (Chapman University, CECAT) Natasha Dobrinen (University of Denver) Fred Dashiell and Joanne Walters-Wayland (Chapman University, CECAT)